Jared's Thai Pasta
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp red curry paste (Thai Kitchen)
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 12 oz can Coconut Milk (Blue Dragon) shake this very well.
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (Jif Creamy)
- 1 box pasta–penne or bow tie pasta works well
- 1 tbsp Peanut Oil
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 bunch of broccoli, steamed
- in large pan or wok, heat peanut oil and stir-fry chicken. set aside.
- boil water for pasta.
- put broccoli in steamer.
- in same pan, saute the garlic and red curry paste for about 1 minute—the longer its on, the less spicy the sauce.
- start pasta.
- add coconut milk and ginger, reduce heat and simmer until the volume is reduced by about 25% or so. add pb (jif creamy seems to work best) to the mix stirring until the sauce is nice and creamy. Too long on the fire and the oil in the peanut butter will start to separate. once the peanut butter has blended well, pour peanut sauce in a separate bowl leaving some traces in pan.
- return stir-fried chicken in pan to re-heat and crusts with sauce remnants.